Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tour de France - Day 5

Wow.  I was not that excited about the TdF this year.  I was looking forward to it and was certainly planning to watch it, but I wasn't excited for it the way I am some years.  It turns out, I should have been.

This is the best first five days of the TdF in my recent memory.  The battles, the victories, the closeness of the racing and stages and, of course, the misery of Alberto Contador.  What more could you ask for?

I thought I might miss the prologue and it's indication of fitness, but a road stage to start was great.  Gilbert was his expected self and it was a great finish.  The TTT was the spectacle it should have been and was a great length so that there were meaningful gaps, but not so much that it eliminated half of the field.  Stage 3 to Farrar, Excellent!  Garmin-Cervelo was eating up this race so far.  Stage 4 to Evans and Thor staying in yellow - Magnificent racing.  And today - Cav doing what Cav does. 

Great racing so far; great stories of gain and loss and intrigue and many more stories to come.  What a great Tour so far.  I can't wait to see what is coming up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment