Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January Thoughts

I would suggest that you skip this blog entry.  Really - just don't read it.  There isn't much that is funny or interesting or thought out.  It's about nothing, literally.

Normally when I sit down to write a blog post, I have a good idea about exactly what I'm going to say when I start clacking away at the keys.  It doesn't take much, because once I get started, it just floods the page.  Sometimes to the point that an idea takes flight and turns into two or three posts.  Occasionally, however, I am bereft of ideas and inspiration.  Honestly, it doesn't take much to get me going.  Once, I was asked to write about anything other than staring at my navel, so what did I do?  Yes, wrote a post that was centered around navel-gazing.

Today, though, I just have the idea that it is time to put something up on the blog.  I don't have anything else.

It's a bit surprising to me.  I actually spent most of my morning drive thinking about cycling.  I have a new bike ordered that should arrive in about a month.  I have a new wheelset for my Niner Single Speed sitting at home that I have never ridden, but should get a chance to this weekend.  In other words, I have fodder for a new blog post, but somehow, nothing is really coming to mind.  No inspiration, no muse waiting in the wings.  Nothing to say.

I guess I'll just skip it today.  You should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment